There is a lot to say about the world of blogging, whether it be in a serious sense or a humorous view. Here are some of my favorite quotes about this realm of writing online!
- “I started blogging a decade ago because I like blogging. Writing’s a kind of lonely thing to do, and I liked the idea of demystifying the process because I loved it as a kid and teenager and as somebody who wanted desperately to write.” -Neil Gaiman
- “These days, you have the option of staying home, blogging in your underwear, and not having your words mangled. I think I like the direction things are headed.” -Marc Andreessen
- “My blogging life is basically goalless. I like the zen nature of that, and paradoxically, it improves results.” -Seth Godin
- “I was having problems with depression and anxiety disorder, and it felt like not blogging about it was creating a false history. When I did finally share the problems I was having, I was shocked – not only by the support that was given to me, but also by the incredible amount of people who admitted they struggled with the same thing.” -Jenny Lawson
- “‘Vanity pages,’ is somewhat of a derogatory term; personal pages are still the heart of blogging, but now there are more topic-oriented blogs. It’s really about personal expression, and that’s just gotten bigger and broader.” -Evan Williams
As the world of blogging changes, perspectives on it will shift and adjust as well, so I am sure that there will be many more quotes about it in the years to come. What do you have to say about blogging? I would love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
What is your favorite quote about blogging?