Having goals in place and a focus on accomplishing those goals is important for blogging, business and writing in general. In addition to my current weekly goal list, each month I will be focusing on how to accomplish my overall yearly goals. Hopefully my goals will help you in figuring out your own goal setting system and provide ideas for how to accomplish your aspirations.
An update on my goals for June:
This month was a time of self-reflection and shifting in my overall goals for my blog and my brand in general. It was challenging and took a lot of my time, but now that I’m done, I feel refreshed, refocused and ready to get going again. While the goals below did not get my focus, the overall accomplishments this month will give me better direction going forward.
1. Income: Write at least one post a week that includes affiliate links.-Not done.
What I learned: I need to just sit down, write up posts and figure out all the details in correctly putting in affiliate links. I’ve been over-analyzing the entire process. Now it’s time to just get on with it.
2. Social Media:
Grow at least one of my social media accounts by 10 followers a week (I want to break down my goals into manageable bites and since I may not be able to devote time to every social media account each day, this will give me a simple goal to aim for in terms of growth).-Done!
What I learned: This is one of the easier areas for me in my blogging, but I know I still have a ways to go to really learn all there is to social media.
3. Learning: Finish one course that I am currently taking and continue with another one.-Not done.
What I learned: Went well for a short time, but then it was not a priority and fell off my daily to-do list. I still have to figure out how to incorporate these courses into my daily blogging routine, or they will just sit unused forever.
4. Products: Finish my product.-Not done.
What I learned: Again, not a priority. Made good progress, but it’s still not finished.
5. Details: Start working on landing pages for blog posts (I want to organize things better and landing pages are a great place to start).-Not done.
What I learned: See a theme when it comes to priorities? If I don’t intentionally plan on doing something, make specific action steps, things just don’t get done.
My goals for July:
Now that I have a better focus for my blog, I’m making July be my month of implementation for this new direction. So some of my goals will be a little different this month, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.
1. Update the look of my site to fit in with my new ‘brand’.
2. Grow a social media account by 10 followers each week (worked last month, so I hope to continue it this month).
3. Learning: Go through ONE course all the way and implement what I learn.
4. Begin updating older blog posts (images, etc.)
5. Send out my newsletter each week.